Thursday, September 29, 2011

[CE] save the world


Although this video is sad, it gave me inspiration. The girl in this clip, Abagale, did suffer from getting a replacement drug because they ran out of the one that she needed. It gave her bad side effects, which lead her to have to return back to the hospital. She did recover, but she and her mom firmly believe the side effects were because they had to give her the wrong medication. This isn’t just happening to a few people; it is becoming a problem across the United States. There are 178 drugs that are not readily available and it seems like that number will increase as the years go on. And until a solution is found, the problem will continue to occur across the U.S. 

What is the real solution to the problem? I don’t really know if anyone knows the answer to this. But I do know that if we don’t figure it out fast, our world can change dramatically. Our population has been increasing dramatically, and as people start to get older, more problems can occur with their system. This is one way that job opportunities can increase. This doesn’t have to be with medication necessarily either. It can go for teeth, eyes, or even a home care service where you watch over the elderly. I think our economy and health care does affect this, but also what people want to do with their lives. It isn’t just the doctors fault, and I think many people get stuck on this matter. Since we are so over populated, more people are in need for drugs. This is where the problem lies, and doesn’t fix how we can make enough medication for everyone, but it began with us. 

This coming to be, I don’t exactly know what I want to do when I grow up. But I thought I might want to become a pharmacist or something in this field. And after seeing this video, I really want to make a change in the world, and help people with their problems. It seems so nice if I could save a person’s life, and let them live for just a little bit longer. So I am glad that Abagale recovered, and hopefully our world will slowly start to recover from its many problems that have occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment